SHORT JOHN CARGO GENTS
Deliver in style with the Short John Gents cargo bike! Whether its parcels, pizzas or just a lot of your own shopping, the Short John Gents is the most stylish, sustainable and luxurious way to carry things around the city.
The Joy of Cycling
If you are out on the road for hours every day, it’s even more important that you have a great ride:
- The upright riding position means no stress on lower back or shoulders – it’s as comfortable as sitting in a chair!
- A sprung real leather Brooks saddle in a choice of three colours will gradually mould itself to your own shape giving the most perfect seat. Alternatively, a gel saddle in black or brown has a natural softness to give a great ride.
- Top quality Schwalbe tyres are bouncy 55 mm wide to give extra suspension over bumps and lumps in the road. They come in a choice of cream or black.
- The frame, fork, mudguards, chain guards and wheel rims can be coloured to your own specification from a choice of over 200 shades.
- Unlike most traditional delivery bikes, we make our frames from strong but lightweight German steel meaning that the bike weighs only 18 kg (without extras) making it much easier to manoeuvre.
Short John Gents cargo bike popular models (custom made to order):
The Short John Gents butcher’s bike is a real looker but of course it’s very important that it’s practical too.
- Shimano Nexus gears are internal and therefore low maintenance as protected from the elements and available in 1, 3 and 7 speed. The 7 gear bikes have an option of either pedal brakes or handlebar brakes.
- Depending on what you generally need to carry, there are luggage options of Velorbis’ own designed steel rear carrier with bag hook, exclusive front wooden carrier, wooden crate (shallow or deep) or different iconic Velorbis alloy baskets so your shopping, briefcase or gym kit can be carried with ease.
- A chain cover and leather mud flaps mean you arrive at your destination free from splashes, oil or dirt from the road.
- The double kick-stand gives your bike extra stability when parked.
- The tyres use anti-puncture technology with built-in reflectors.
Both you and what you are delivering needs to get to the destination safely. This is what we can do to help:
- The upright seating position gives you a great view of your surroundings and the other traffic on the road.
- The bike comes with the option of either battery powered or internal dynamo powered front and back lights.
- A Ding Dong bell is included and can be coloured to whatever shade you desire.
- The bike comes with an Axa Solid integrated frame lock with keys.
Not all of our lives are the same and some of us might need a few extras. Here are just some of the possibilities.